I know I’m kinda jumping into this late in the game, but we’re finally down to five girls, and to me that’s the perfect time to begin really paying attention. So, what does everyone think so far? We’ve got the nice guy Jake and five girls of varying niceness. OK, here’s what I think:
1. First of all, I kinda wonder why Jake is doing this anyway since he’s mentioned several times that faith is at the top of the list of his desired traits in a wife…. somehow I don’t think he’s going to find that on The Bachelor. If that’s really what he cares about, he’d probably do better to look for a wife at church. Texas is a big place, I’m sure he hasn’t exhausted its wealth of nice Christian girls.
2. So far I’m impressed at how honest he’s been with the girls. He’s called-out a few of them on their game-playing and weirdness, and he’s sent home two extra girls before it was “time” simply because he realized that they weren’t right for him and he didn’t want to keep them around to play games. I mean, let’s be real here, he’s still on a show where he kisses multiple girls one after another, so it’s not like he’s a total pillar of integrity, but he’s definitely more the kid of guy I would like than the past bachelors.
3. As far as Vienna goes…..I don’t get it, what’s the big deal? I mean, she’s a little socially awkward and says things that easily come across the wrong way. But I’ve never seen her be outright mean, she even make a group apology at one point for anything she might’ve said to offend, and the camera showed her crying by herself in her room when no one would spend time with her. She seems like a nice girl whose just immature and spoiled and doesn’t know how to relate very well to other girls. But wow, I really don’t think her immaturity deserves the kind of vitriolic bitchiness that the other girls are showing. I mean, Ali is really over the top with her hatred… her emotional response to Vienna is simply out of proportion to the situation, it makes me question Ali’s maturity and sanity more than anything else. I don’t think Jake and Vienna belong together, but he’ll see that. He’s a smart guy. I guess I’ve seen so many other Bachelors where there is a girl who is truly a jerk who badmouths the other girls and even talks about how she’s not there for the guy and is truly a horrible person. But Vienna? Just being a little immature and saying kinda rude things doesn’t require Ali and Tinley to hate her with a passion that burns like the fire of a thousand suns.
4. Ali used to be my favorite, but ever since she started showing her bitchy side when it comes to Vienna, I don’t like her a bit. Seeing how incredibly mean she can be reveals more about her character than however cute and fun she is with Jake…and I think if he saw that side, he would be turned-off. I would never want to be in a relationship with someone who has so much hatred and anger against someone who never meant them harm. Not to mention, I think she’s exhibiting more immaturity every time she has a temper tantrum about Vienna than Vienna ever has.
5. I don’t know who my favorite is anymore. I do like Tinley, but again, I have a hard time with how mean she’s been to Vienna. But as far as relating to Jake and the way she’s talked about her past, I do like her a lot. Surprisingly, I also like Gia. I don’t think they’re really that great together, but she seems very sincere. Although I did laugh out loud when she was giddy and giggly during her date with Jake and she said, “I mean, I don’t think I’ve felt like like this in two or three years!!!” I thought she was going to say, “I have never felt like this before!”, or at least something appropriate for being with a guy you might want to marry!
6. I was very sad that he let go of Ella, she was my favorite. But hey, if she’s not right for him, then I’m glad he sent her home to be with her son. I liked that she was from Tennessee, of course, and she seemed very real and mature.
So, we’ll see how it turns-out and if there are a few weeks where they just have fun and he doesn’t get rid of anyone since he got rid of some extra people this week. My prediction? Hmmm….I think maybe Tinley and Ali will be left at the end. Can’t tell yet who will win. What do you think??????