So, thanks to MoneySavingMom, I found this amazing deal that I’m still reeling from! I just placed an order with Omaha Steaks and will be receiving TWENTY 4-5 oz. steak burgers delivered to my door for a total of $1.98. Catherine has the steps written-out on her blog about how to get this deal, but I’m just going to copy them below since I know my dear readers aren’t fans of links. It looks really complicated, but I did this in about five minutes (other than waiting for the email, that took a couple of hours), and it really wasn’t hard. I believe this works-out to being about $.36 per pound for some high-quality steak burgers. I consider that a pretty great deal! Here’s the scoop:
1) Go to this link to sign up for the Geico website. You do NOT have to have Geico, you do NOT have to switch any of your insurance. It just gives you a username for their website, and they will email you within an hour or so with a link to a gift card code. Check your spam folder if you don’t get the email after two hours or so. The gift card number is really long, so double check when you write it down.
2) Go to this link and type in your email address. They will send you an email confirmation right away, and there is a link within the email to start shopping. After you get your gift card code from step one, use that link to order the hamburgers (described below) and it will automatically give you 12 free 4 ounce burgers. The 12 free won’t show up in your cart until you check out, so don’t panic.
(Update: link from step 2 should be fixed now)
3) When you get your gift card code and go to the link through the step two link, you’ll be at the Omaha Steaks website. In the left hand sidebar, click on the link for “burgers/brats” etc. Scroll down until you see the option for “eight 5 ounce steak burgers” for 12.99. Add that to your cart, then checkout. (Note: apparently the $12.99 option doesn’t work for everyone, if you get through the next step and it doesn’t work, go back and get the $14.99 option. It will cost you $2 more out of pocket, but you’ll get that much more meat.)
4) At checkout, you enter your address etc and you should see the 12.99 burgers, plus the 12 free burgers you got from doing step 2 above. At the point where they ask for payment, you’ll see that they add in about $13 for shipping – don’t worry, your gift card code will cover that. Before you enter your credit card (or paypal – one of the payment options is “pay by paypal” if that is easier for you), enter your gift card code and hit “apply” or whatever the button says next to that. That should take your total down to roughly $1.98. Then enter your actual payment method and you will only be charged $1.98 (it may be a few cents more or less depending on your address, it was $1.98 for me)
5) Complete the transaction. In a few days you’ll be getting a cooler shipment of 5.5 pounds of Steak burgers, which works out to ONLY 36 CENTS A POUND!